If you think you might have a roof leak or storm damage, your first thought may be to do a quick search for “roof repair near me” to get help. But what does the roof inspection process look like, and how long will it take? We created this blog to give you answers to those questions and more!
When To Get A Roof Inspection
Homeowners often assume that roofing contractors only help those that have an active roof leak. That couldn’t be farther from the truth! We suggest homeowners use us as preventative maintenance and get a roof inspection at least once per year.
What To Know Before You Schedule A Roof Inspection
Depending on your home’s size, the entire roof inspection process could take anywhere from 45-60 minutes. In most cases, a roof inspection includes a thorough inspection of your home’s exterior, rooftop, and your home’s attic. If any active roof leaks have led to stains on the ceiling or interior damage, we will inspect that as well.
What Do Roof Inspectors Look For?
A common misconception from homeowners is that we only inspect the actual roof. In reality, several components of a home work together to keep the entire roof system functional. Those often include gutters, siding, ventilation, insulation, etc. and are all part of our top to bottom inspection process.
Roof Inspection From Outside
We will perform a thorough inspection of your home’s exterior from the ground and from the roof itself. We look at the following areas for damage:
- We check roof eaves, soffit, and overhangs for signs of rot or insect infestation/damage
- Gutters are checked for clogs and drainage
- We check all roof valleys for debris buildup and damage
- Missing shingles and storm damage is common on the slope, so we check each area thoroughly
- All roof components (vents, pipes, fans, etc.) don’t last forever, and we’ll check each one for damaged or cracked seals
- Roof flashing is known to crack and rust, so we’ll check all areas to ensure it is in good condition
- We look at all shingles for storm damage, including wind uplift
Roof Inspection From Inside
The exterior of your home only tells half the story when it comes to your roof. To fully understand your roof’s condition, we also go into the attic as part of our normal roof inspection process. Here’s what we check for:
- Signs of light that would indicate a hole or roof damage
- Mold or water damage on the insulation and structural components of the roof
- Symptoms of a pest infestation
- Proper attic ventilation
- Proper insulation levels
Why Choose Allphase Roofing
If you think you might have a roof problem, you need help from a local roofing company you can trust, and fast! Googling “roofer near me” will give you hundreds of options… So how do you know who to choose?
- Choose a roofing company that has a local office – this helps protect you from scams
- Go with someone with a proven track record – read their online reviews!
- Make sure your roofer has training and certifications – check their website!
You’ll find all of these things and more when you choose Allphase Roofing for your next roof inspection. Our #1 goal is to be a trusted resource for Arizona homeowners in need of roof repairs, storm damage help, or full roof replacement. Get in touch with us today by calling (888) 766-3807 or use our online form.